Friday, February 17, 2006

The Joy of Finding Things!!!!!!!

A few days back I was on leave for a couple of days. I thought it's high time I do some good to my cupboard drawer...poor thing wasn't cleaned in years.... this section of my cupboard was like a treasure (as I call it!!!)...had many things..... but didn't know what it actually contained.

As I started doing the cleaning, the only thing I had in mind was to dispose off all the unnecessary things, all the junk I have been collecting for ages!!! But what actually happened was quite different....I found so many things which are such a sweet remembrance of school days, college days, times spent with friends, cousins. It took me down the memory lane and I saw myself going back and re-living each incident.... every small detail of it!!!!

Isn't it lovely to find things like this??? Small things.... it brings back the smile on your face. As I went digging through my little treasure......I found a whole bundle of surprises...be it the autograph book where all our school teachers have left a note for us as we leave school and step into a new world, be it that autograph book which contains the signatures of our favourite Cricket fans/movie stars, the movie tickets-which happened to be the first movie I watched with friends way back when at school, or the pencil sketch which I had got done at some exhibition, a caricature of myself!, the old chocolate wrappers, some money in the old wallet that was used long back, all the ink pens, the phone book, the birthday greeting cards, well…........the list would go on.... each one of this brought with it a pleasant memory and recalling them brings so much joy!!!!

..... One who would have come so far reading this might wonder why have I put it all up here?!!??

.............It's just the excitement in me that just couldn't stop me from penning it down......all the fun I had as I discovered each piece from my den...

8 comments:

  1. Indeed these are the simple pleasures of life that make our day so worthwhile sometimes! I still the letters me and my friends used to write to eachother (in the classroom!!!), the soap boxes we used to keep btw. the books during my primary school.. hmm.. thanx for writing on such a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Thanks For writing this.

    It indeed amazes me when I think about how such small things make people so happy.

    Few months back when I was doing the same, I found one of my Engineering Class' book, wherein we were sitting in the class playing this game called "Cows and Bulls". It takes us back to those days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Div,
    U have a fantabulous collection of things kane.Wish I had those with me still....but me very very careless....sigh!!! Very nice and close to the heart :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is exactly what happened when I cleared my offical locker. We get titbits and momentos starting from log of my first research code's run to project schedules and my estimates which now seems silly :) I have started filing them away for preserving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even I have a huge collection of those petty cute cute lil' things. Before coming to US, I told my mom NOT to mess with it no matter what. So everything is still lying safe in blr. ;)

    Very good article Engima!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divya,
    ninna blogna prathi post nalli,
    Estimated Next Post:dd-MMM-YYY

    antha ondh field include maadamma...pls
    Visit maadi Maadi, saakaythu! :-(
    hosa poste illa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. [handshake sound]

    "Thank you for reaching 17myworld!"
    [music plays]
    "your reply may be monitored for quality purpose. Please wait while we connect to out customer care representative."
    [music continues, n so does the wait]

    ReplyDelete
  8. yup happens with most of us i guess :)

    ReplyDelete