Thursday, March 09, 2006

Solitude

What is all this about being alone???? Or is it about being Lonely??? Aren’t they two similar things, but with a sea of difference between them.

Of late, it's been a nice feeling getting to spend time…. alone........so many things to think of, so many things to do...that at the end of it all there is a shortage of time and I'd want more of it. There is some kind of a satisfaction when one spends time thinking of the little things, those times spent doing the things you would love to do, just enjoying the way you are.

There is happiness being alone....but is it there being lonely???? The synonyms of all these words would be the same.....but isn't being alone a choice that you make and a time you enjoy being that way.... on the other hand isn't being lonely a phase of life which you did not choose but are just going through whether you like it or not.

Well….. Where I am heading to writing all this!!!....an abrupt ending this time.... but will promise to be back soon.

4 comments:

  1. Nice thought!

    While in UK, I stayed Alone almost 3 months. Not many times I felt lonely. In fact I cherish those days that I spent with myself. Understood what I am. I think that was major point in my life. My thought process changed etc. I attribute it to the fact that I got so much time for myself.

    On the other hand its been almost 8 months back in bangalore, With all the people around me I sometimes feel very lonely. This one's really intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well solitude or being alone as u urself have already said, is a matter of choice - in that we want to have it for reasons of our own. Whereas being lonely is a state of mind that is -ve. One thing common is that both affect us and may change our lives for better or worse!

    BTW. you had been tagged! No response at all!!:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solitude is your enjoy for not having people around..lonely is when you crave have them to be around.:-)

    ReplyDelete