Friday, June 22, 2012

Locking Love

The love padlock bridge in Paris was something I saw on this quick work trip to Paris.


Many lovers, young and old put this to lock their love on the bridge Pont des Arts in Paris which symbolize it. Can love be locked? Though it's a very emotional feeling to be able to lock - isn't love about setting things free?

If it could have been locked and kept, there would have been no heartbreaks, no sadness, no broken feelings and dreams...It however seems like a beautiful thought of two people in love to tie down their dreams together and mark their future together.

Love is something you cannot demand from someone or on the other hand you cant expect someone to love you.
It's also about giving the space. I don't think I can understand the concept of 2 souls 1 life, perhaps I have lost the feeling, or perhaps I never had such a feeling.

However, when I walked across this bridge in Paris, in the pouring rain, I had a happy feeling, I remembered my loved ones, missed them and reflected that love, relationships cannot be kept locked, how I wish I could have kept it locked...I wouldn't lose anyone...





No comments:

Post a Comment