Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Filmy Chakkar


I hear myself saying this every time I watch a few movies, which I choose to talk about in this blog.  
I am no different to the many Indians who love watching, talking, reading about Bollywood films. I owe my love for this genre of films from my parents who in their days were huge movie buffs. My mom is one even today. My father fondly teased her and termed her the 'film encyclopedia' and she always loved the attention we all gave her for the knowledge (wink) she has. 

I won't write about the 100s of movies that I like and don't mind watching over and over, but these are always on my mind when I talk about good movies.....so here we go...

The ones that make me laugh like its a new joke - Golmaal and Choti Si Baat- couldn't choose between them as they are equally good to me. Golmaal is brilliant! A moustache is used to weave the story through and the turn of events depicted is simply hilarious.Choti Si baat shows the simple characters of life.....I'm sure most of us have been through a day when you love someone but just can't gather the courage to mention it. This sensitive feeling is so comical in this movie that it makes me laugh everytime I watch it.

The ones that make me sob and cry as if it's my own pain - Anand and Masoom. I think I can write a whole article about Anand....hard to mention if it's the dialogues, the music, Rajesh Khanna's acting, the simplicity of the characters or all of it that makes me watch it over and over again....everytime, I have a tear in my eye. Masoom - really hard to describe this one. The pain that goes through a little child when he is not accepted by his own father is heart breaking. 

The ones that leave a void every time I watch it - Deewar - Circumstances can make anything out of anyone. It's not being good or bad, doing the right thing or wrong, sometimes as a person, we don't have the control on the flow of events in life and this movie shows that at every stage. It leaves a dent in me and I really feel for Amitabh's character. Don't remember how many times I have watched it. 

The ones for all the lovey-dovey stuff - QSQT and Maine Pyar Kiya - Well....how can the girl in me me run away from movies like these? Totally adore these two out of the zillion such romantic, cheesy films that bollywood churns out every year. Both these films had a few things in common - fresh faces at that time (good looking too!), lovely songs, the happiness, the pain that love stories come with and a small act of bravery when 2 people love  - all this might sound soooooo damn filmy, but I admit that I like it for these reasons and none else.


If you haven't watched any of these already  - I recommend it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment