Sunday, September 01, 2013

Music is essential

Music. There isn't a day that goes without listening to it, looking for it, learning something new and humming along. Both my grand mothers have been hugely into music, one was a tabla player and the other is a violinist. One was into light music, folk music, inclined towards hindustani and the other is consumed by Carnatic, knowing the theory and technicalities behind the ragas, Swaras and their meaning. Neither of them could take it to a higher level, to the next level. 
My grandma has had a huge influence in the type of music I enjoy and the love for it. You know....there is always something you pick up from your grand parents that you'd only realise much later in life.

We have been a household who enjoys music of all kinds. My parents  enjoyed classical, western and filmy music. My mother is what makes me so totally immersed into hindi film music. My dad had introduced me to some of the western music, ABBA to top that list. Oh! How lucky was I to be surrounded by most forms of music all through my childhood.

My fondness, interest and attachment to music grew. I made a feeble attempt to maintain a blog which breathes music, never really did justice to it....trying now to bring it back to life by writing about it more.

As I go through life's chores, the boredom of my mundane activities, I want to desperately learn, look out for music. The Internet world does make it so much simpler, Google it, YouTube it and you have it there.
There is a crazy urge to better my understanding and totally lose myself into the vast world of music. What would I have done without it?....I don't have an answer and I can't stop questioning myself.
So long as there is life, there will be music or should I say.....so long as there is music,there will be life in my living.

No comments:

Post a Comment