Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Thank you for the Music

I owe this piece of music to my dad.
Yes! It was my dad who introduced me to all the songs of ABBA, he gifted me the cassettes The best of ABBA and ABBA Gold and made me listen to it telling me stories about how great a band they were, their music, their tours and the movie that was filmed on their tour. He loved their music and used to hum most of their songs while driving.

As a little girl I didn't think twice. I had learnt that all that my father likes has to be good and I immediately started liking and learning all of ABBA's songs. Fernando will remain closest to me as it's of course dad's favourite song. He used to make me repeat the lines 'If I had to do the same again, I would my friend Fernando...' and I cheerfully did it over and over.

I didn't really learn a lot about the band, how they came into picture and why they broke up back then. While watching the Euro Vision concert last year there was a mention about ABBA being one of the most successful bands to come out of the Euro Vision concert and they brought Sweden victory and a place in the history of the concert. And then the website, wiki gives us loads of details about them and their songs so I won’t dwell into it.

If I am forced to sing a song anywhere anyplace it has to be a song from ABBA and most likely Dancing Queen. After all these years I am still a fan of ABBA and haven't been bored listening to them.

Favourite songs on mine Thank you for the music, Winner takes it all, Fernando, SOS, One of us is dying, Dancing Queen, Chiquitita, Mamma Mia and pretty much everything else...

So I say......

Thank you for the music....for giving it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment