Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Silence kills!!!

Yesterday evening, i got back from work, It was a long journey back from office.. traffic jams everywhere because of the rains. I got home quite late, just after about 5minutes after reaching home i received a call from 'X'.

'X' and me have been good friends, but somehow the friendship has been going through a lots of ups and downs from the very beginning. The last we spoke was a month back, i had called X and the call was disconnected every time i called after which i stopped trying.

'X' called and spoke about things happening on that end. I just listened.. when asked about me.. said a plain 'Nothing'.. why didnt i speak at all..... probably coz this friendship has been through this phase many times before and this time i really had nothing to say...i have had enough.

But today, i feel weird on how i behaved, i said nothing at all. I was mute.I am one person who has always worked towards making friendships happen, but have a fear what might happen to this. I felt bad that i have been having these 'late realizations' of late....

3 comments:

  1. I believe 'X' is one of the opposite sex.... only then do ppl tend to have such feelings...

    hey no offense meant yaar!!!
    Its happened with me to...If i behaved like tat with a guy, it wudn't matter at all, but had it been a gal, i wud have gone on thinking abt y i did it....how on earth cud i speak like tat to her...etc...etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. dunno whether this has got something to do the the 'sex' of a person. W.r.t me i guess it's a feeling of insecurity of losing friends.
    Also, with the same sex it is understood a little better than with the opp sex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think this happens with friends irrespective of the sex. I also have faced similar situations... and felt really guilty sometimes. But as time goes on... things will heal...

    ReplyDelete