Wednesday, June 29, 2005

An Evening in Paris......

That Saturday morning.. at 4:30 I was at the train station at Mannheim (Germany) to take my train to Frankfurt. My flight to Paris was at 7:40. I was excited and nervous. A friend of mine dropped me to the train station in the morning. I was traveling alone and to Paris….I had to Pinch myself...." what was I doing??? …. alone! When was I so brave?" I met a few others from my office who were going to Rome and were waiting for the same train to reach Frankfurt…. the first expression was 'You are going alone???? are u crazy???'... what do I do .. I had no choice but to travel alone.

The flight was short and I reached Charles De Gaulle.. the airport .. big and confusing. I was roaming around from one place to another in search of an information counter which had someone in it... but in vain...it was half an hour since I had landed and I still had no clue how to go about.. I was going mad...but finally found my way out that i had to reach the Gare du Nord station which is a center place to stay.

Then after finding a hotel and checking in.. i started exploring.....PARIS

Wow! What a place... It takes u into an age not known to you. It's simply is so different.. the place offers you so many things....I was amazed to see the number of people, the kind of people, the buildings there look old but artistic, the roads are straight and can be seen on the map no mater how small a street it is. The modernization has got a different view to the place..but the city still stands strong with the monuments so famous,every street looks alike but has a different life of it's own........

The museum ( Louvre )…. the world's biggest makes me go speechless... Anyone who has read the Da Vinci Code would wanna see this place...there cannot be a second one like this....

The main street Champs Elysess has got a beauty of its own... u name the brand and that store is there.. in a grand way..

The Eiffel.. What do i say about this..it's a beauty.. I feel the Eiffel in day light and the
Eiffel when lit ( and also when lit.. every hour the lights twinkle ) are two different wonders of the world on their own....I spent about 5 hours there…. which was not enough..

It's such a happening place that.... u can see streets full of life. It's called the most Romantic city and indeed it is.... There was not a minute that evening when i sat down at one place...……

The feeling there would be such that…. u feel so special just to realize that you are in Paris.... when you just stand amidst historical monuments.. the gardens, the grandeur.. the very feeling of being there makes u excited, makes u go high and makes u happy....

That was an evening in PARIS I spent…. which I can't forget… which has amazed me more than anything else in my life so far.....

I hope I get a chance to go there again.... and with this thought.. I sign off!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow!!!
    Brave Girl! keep it Up!

    Anyways! Tell some more about "Louvre"!!! How was it! Was it just the way Dan Brown explains !! How was "Mona Lisa?

    Did u remeber these in the Louvre
    "O Draconnian Devil"
    O Lame Saint"
    ...or were you lost with the beauty of it..???

    Did You Click Photos???

    But You know What! I missed Paris! I am feeling "J". I was in UK since one year! Why didnt I go to Paris!!! *banging my head*

    -Kishan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Louvre was awesome.. It was perfect. The pyramid that is described in the book is the entry point/ reception area. From there the museum is kind of peninsular.. three directions..Denon, Sully and something with R are the names of the 3 entrances.. It's big..you get a map and u can go the way u want....many a times I was holding the map and asking the person at the museum whether he could tell me where I am ...:)
    I did recall quite a bit from the book...like the corridors, the pyramid.. but was lost in the beauty of Monalisa... other paintings and sculptures are also a masterpiece.
    Dont be 'J'.. I was there for one & a half days and I didn't go on top of the Eiffel... I regret it so much.. I was just too unwell for that...anyway..I belive that there should be a second time... and I hope u too get to visit the place sumtime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. photos thegedalli uploadisi..

    ReplyDelete
  4. paris ge hogi bandhu Innu rest thogo thiro hagidhe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... aaha...hey BTW when r u gonan put up some pics...???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blog Maaadri...saaku rest thogindiddhu

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!!! wonderful experience i must say!!!!
    Well Paris airport is surely very confusing... was there for 2 hrs and couldnt make out head or tail of whats where... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. jus happened to look at ur blog in random..

    wish u luck all ur way..

    take care..

    ReplyDelete