Thursday, June 16, 2005

My first time on an aeroplane

Finally the day came...when i had to travel to Germany. there was a lot of tension, confusion regarding the Visa...it had got delayed as there was a delay in me receiving the Invitation letter from Germany. The excitement in me had faded away because of the delay....but alas! everything fell into place.

I received my visa just 4hours before my flight. All aunts, uncles, cousins visited me at home. A good friend of mine came to the airport to see me off. This was the first time I would be travelling by air, I hadn't had any domestic flight travels also before this. I was excited....time was going by so quick. I said Bye to mom,dad,bro, my friend and moved on to check in.The officials at the airport were so friendly....they helped me with almost everything.

After the security check i had a long wait for 1 & 1/2 hrs....which actually didnt seem too long. I spoke to a couple of my friends. Then the final call happened...i called home and told a final Bye.

I walked through the corridor .. if that is what it called and boarded the flight.. yuppie i had a window seat.. the flight took off.. i could see the city beneath me.. all lit up.. it looked beautiful...i saw the ulsoor lake and the philips building.. these were the only two places i could recognize.

I was just checking out the books that were kept at my seat, it was about duty free shopping on board the plane... wow! shopping on the clouds :) ....they got us dinner.. me a total veggie....as such took the Indian Vegetarian meal but still cudn't eat anything much. i then slept.
They woke us up just after 5hrs of travel and asked us to wear the seat belt.. that was when i opened the slide on the window.. and wow.. i saw the sun coming up.. what a beautiful sight that was...unforgettable.. then i was looking out.. could see the plane moving between layers of clouds, could see the ocean below, the monitor in the plane showed that it was the caspian sea. later on i saw the snow clad mountains.. dunno which!!! , then i could see the meadows. The best of it all.. mainly when we were nearing Frankfurt...I could see many more aeroplanes flying at different levels and at different directions....

I was really on Cloud 9...as my friend said at the airport before me leaving.. you'll be on cloud 9 soon!!!! This was my experience... words are not enough to describe what i actually saw and felt.....this is just a small snippet.

6 comments:

  1. hey divya,wonderful experience
    iv never been on flight yet
    n u gave a very tempting narration of ur flight
    waiting for it
    u shud have taken some photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...Wonderful.... hope u have loads n loads of fun in Germany.... And yes dont miss out on the choclates there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @karthik... yes, the expeience was very memorable. BTW.. you are not supposed to take snaps from the plane.....as such no snaps taken.

    @Art´- thanks! I'm indeed having a great time....and i am hogging on chocolates & Ice creams

    ReplyDelete
  4. your description reminds me of my first and so far only flight from bangalore to the US. There's nothing quite like the first time is there! Hope u r enjoing your stay there!

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dips..
    thanks for dropping by!
    i did have my 2nd and 3rd flight trips (short ones)and i thorougly enjoyed it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first Flight! I 2 cant forget!

    Up in the air in Srilankan Airways!
    Their slogan "your party Skywards", was true for me. I never closed my eyes in the entire first flight!
    The best part was of course the window seat! Sunset! and the evening sky! I loved it!
    really unforgettable!

    And u! have a great time in Germany!

    ReplyDelete